I love giving educational talks to children and young adults about the power of potential and determination.
I have delivered Educational Talks to a diverse group of students, from Primary Schools, through to Secondary Schools and Colleges. Engaging with children and young adults is a privilege. I feel I can really make a difference in the way they think and feel. Inspiring and motivating those at a young age to get the best from what is available to them. There is always someone within a school or college who suffers with a short or long term restriction. It’s important to show that everyone can be achieve their goals, but maybe in a different way.
How the Educational Talks work:
Generally I spend half a day with the each school or college. In the past I start by delivery the school assembly. I take the time to visit each class to answer questions for the pupils. There is no question off limits. Questions I have answered:
- Do you have feet in your shoes?
- How do you drive?
- Can you run?
There is an alternative option:
The Blesma Community Programme provides free inspirational workshops in schools across the UK focusing on resilience and overcoming adversity. Run by
veterans and supported by workshop facilitators. This is a ground-breaking programme that we would like to bring to your school to inspire and motivate your
The workshops will enhance your PSHE curriculum whilst great benefiting your students. Through listening to the first hand experiences of a wounded veteran and taking part in the supporting workshop. Your students will learn:
- what resilience means
- how they can apply it to their lives
- which will give them the confidence to achieve their goals.
If your school is interested in taking part in The BLESMA Community Programme, please contact email@example.com to book your FREE workshop.
A few of the Schools & Colleges I have visited recently:
- Hightown Primary School, Southampton – they aim to provide a safe, secure and positive environment in which every child is supported and challenged in order to learn confidently and happily and achieve her or his own personal best.
- Peter Symonds Sixth Form College – I have delivered more than one presentation to these very bright and engaged pupils Read their testimonial HERE
- Seaburn Dee Primary School, Sunderland – the pupils enjoyed my visit so much they contacted the local news and TV station. Read their testimonial HERE
- Henry Beaufort Secondary School – are proud to be an inclusive comprehensive secondary school.
- Downlands School – this very impressive school has high exceptions, they were a pleasure to visit.
- The Royal Ballet School – Their mission is to nurture, train and educate exceptional young dancers, it was an honour to be invited and speak to their pupils.
- New Regent’s College, Hackney – a vocational college and Pupil Referral Unit. They offer a mixed provision for primary aged students through to Year 11 of secondary school.
- Focus School Hindhead Campus – Children have one childhood and we believe each day of it should be filled with inspirational and unforgettable learning experiences.
- Sparsholt College – Inspires their learners to recognise and achieve their full potential.
- Kings School – They take great pride in the very high standards achieved by their pupils. They leave as happy, well-qualified, confident and well-motivated young citizens.
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.
Norman Vincent Peale
If you wish to contact me for a bespoke Educational Talk please follow this LINK