Why I Love Open Water Swimming.
“I feel most at home in the water. I disappear. That’s where I belong”. – Michael Phelps
Open Water Swimming gives me peace, I love forgetting about my problems and just swimming. For me it’s about putting one hand in front of the other and chasing those bubbles.
Life seems to be so busy, I think it would be amazing if you could find something which gives you peace. A similar peace which I get from being at one with the water.
The benefits for me include:
- Better sleep.
- Experiencing the ‘euphoria‘ when swimming in cold water.
- Being outside and enjoying the sunlight.
- I aways meet interesting people from different backgrounds.
- I’m away from my mobile phone. No social media, not emails, no problem. Quality time for yourself.
- Exercise is a great way to manage stress.
If you don’t like swimming have you thought about aqua jogging?